NLAA Junior High School
Top 8 individual athletes receive awards!
Two Championship banners
- there is no team size limit!
Registration Deadline - 1:00 pm, Fri, May 29
Only performances from NLAA INDIVIDUALLY REGISTERED track and field members of the current year will be accepted for rankings, team selection or provincial/national records. There will be no retroactive acceptance of performances.
- Online registration and payment.
- Event Date: Saturday, May 30
- Register before: 1:00 pm, Friday, May 29
- Late registration: 8:00 am, Saturday, May 30
- No on-site registration.
- Fees: scroll down.
2015 Hershey Outdoor Youth Series
The series provides an opportunity for thousands of youths to engage in the sport in a competitive environment. Each Hershey Regional Youth Series event incorporates community outreach events through a Run, Jump, Throw, Wheel Jamboree. The events will rotate year-to-year within each area based on a cycle established by the respective region. The rotation cycle is aimed at maximizing participation and growing the sport by allowing more people an opportunity to participate.
- Atlantic Region - Hosted by Athletics PEI
- Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- July 25 - 26
Any athlete who competes at the NLAA Junior High School Meet and TrackFest can advance to the Atlantic Region final event.
This competition is organized and sanctioned by the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). The rules for this competition will be governed by the NLAA, Athletics Canada (AC) and The International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF).
Athlete(s) responsible for the false start will be disqualified.
Crouch start and the use of starting blocks is mandatory for 100m, 200m, and 300m sprints.
This meet offers an individual and team competition for junior high school boys and girls. All NL schools can send teams or individual athletes to the meet but only NLAA Affiliated Schools can participate in the team competition!
- Students must be attending a Junior High School on a full-time basis.
- Students must be born in 2000 / 2001 / 2002
- Students born in 2003 but currently attending Grade 7 are also eligible to take part in the meet.
- Students born in 1999 or earlier can participate in the meet, however, they will compete as exhibition and 1) cannot contribute to team score; 2) cannot be ranked and win awards; 3) cannot advance to event final.
Events For Boys & Girls
A participant may compete in up to three events.
- Track: 100m, 200m, 300m, 800m, 1200m, 2000m
- Field: Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put (Girls 3kg, Boys 4kg)
Entry Fee - up to three events
- Regular: $11.00 before 1:00 pm, Friday, May 29
- Late: $26.00 before 8:00 am, Saturday, May 30 (online only, no on-site registrations will be accepted.)
Discount: NLAA Affiliated School for the 2014/2015 school year are eligible to receive $1 discount per athlete ($10.00 / $25.00).
Team Awards: only NLAA Affiliated schools are eligible for the Team Awards.
NLAA is not responsible if an athlete is unable to register online by the late registration deadline for any reason, including server/internet problems!
Awards for the top 8 finishers
Individual awards will be presented immediately following the completion of each event. The top three (3) finishers in each event and division will receive medals. Athletes placing fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eight will receive ribbons.
Championship Banners for 1st Place Girls and 1st place Boys schools
Team scores will be kept and a Championship Banner will be presented to the top school in each division. The top 2 finishers per school will score. There is no limit to the number of athletes a school can enter in an event, however, an athlete can enter in up to 3 events. Please note that ONLY schools that are affiliated with the NLAA for the 2014/2015 school year are eligible for the team awards.
A meet participant must be:
- a 2015 Track & Field registered member of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA), with a $40.00 Annual Membership; OR
- a member of an NLAA Affiliated School for the 2014/2015 school year; OR
- he/she must purchase a One Day Permit. The One Day Permit Fee is $1.00.
Schools that have affiliated with the NLAA for the 2014/2015 school year are eligible take part in the meet. Students of Affiliated Schools DO NOT pay the NLAA membership or One Day Permit fee.
Schools wishing to affiliate with the NLAA should fill out a School Affiliation form (PDF file format) and mail or bring it to the Provincial Office (before the meet registration deadline) - the affiliation fee is $25. Please click on the on the drop-down box to see if your School is Affiliated with the NLAA: