Junior High School Team Challenge
Top 8 individual athletes receive awards!
Two Championship banners
- there is no team size limit!
11:59 pm, Thursday, May 30, 2013
Only performances from NLAA INDIVIDUALLY REGISTERED track and field members of the current year will be accepted for rankings, team selection or provincial/national records. There will be no retroactive acceptance of performances.
This competition is organized and sanctioned by the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). The rules for this competition will be governed by the NLAA, Athletics Canada (AC) and The International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF).
Athlete(s) responsible for the false start will be disqualified.
Crouch start and the use of starting blocks is mandatory for 100m, 200m, and 300m sprints.
This meet offers an individual and team competition for junior high school boys and girls.
- To be eligible to take part in the meet a student must be attending a Junior High School on a full-time basis.
- Students must be born in 1998 / 1999 / 2000
- Students born in 2001 but enrolled in Grade 7 are also eligible to take part in the meet. Students born in 1997 or earlier are not eligible for this competition.
Events For Boys & Girls
A participant may compete in up to three events.
- Track: 100m, 200m, 300m, 800m, 1200m, 2000m
- Field: Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put (Girls 3kg, Boys 4kg)
$10.00 ($11.00) per athlete (up to three events). Schools not affiliated with the NLAA for the 2012/2013 school year must pay extra $1 per athlete for a total of $11.00. Important: only schools affiliated with NLAA for the 2012/2013 school year are eligible for the Team Awards. Please read the next sections for additional information.
Late registrations will be accepted, online only, completed before 8:00 am, Saturday, June 1, 2013 - Meet Entry fee is $25.00 ($26.00) per athlete for up to three events. No on-site registrations will be accepted.
Please note that NLAA is not responsible if an athlete is unable to register online by the late registration deadline for any reason, including server/internet problems!
Awards for the top 8 finishers - Individual awards will be presented immediately following the completion of each event. The top three (3) finishers in each event and division will receive medals. Athletes placing fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eight will receive ribbons.
Championship Banner for 1st Place Girls and 1st place Boys schools - Team scores will be kept and Championship Banners will be presented to the top schools. The top 2 finishers per school will score. There is no limit to the number of athletes a school can enter in an event, however, an athlete can enter in up to 3 events. Please note that ONLY schools that are affiliated with the NLAA for the 2012/2013 school year are eligible for the team awards.
A meet participant must be:
- a 2013 Track and Field registered member of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA), with a $40.00 Annual Membership; OR
- a member of an NLAA Affiliated School for the current year; OR
- he/she must purchase a One Day Permit. The One Day Permit Fee is $1.00.
Schools that have affiliated with the NLAA for the 2012/2013 school year are eligible take part in the meet. Students of Affiliated Schools DO NOT pay the NLAA membership or One Day Permit fee.
Schools wishing to affiliate with the NLAA should fill out a School Affiliation form (PDF file format) and mail or bring it to the Provincial Office (before the meet registration deadline) - the affiliation fee is $25. Please click on the on the drop-down box to see if your School is Affiliated with the NLAA: