NLAA Junior High School Track And Field Team Championships
Top 8 individual athletes receive awards!
Two Championship banners
- there is no team size limit!
MEET REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED!
Only performances from NLAA INDIVIDUALLY REGISTERED track and field members of the current year will be accepted for rankings, team selection or provincial/national records. There will be no retroactive acceptance of performances.
- Online registration and payment.
- Date: Saturday, May 31
- Register before: 1:00 pm, Friday, May 30
- Late registration: 8:00 am, Saturday, May 31
- No on-site registration.
- Fees: scroll down.
This competition is organized and sanctioned by the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA). The rules for this competition will be governed by the NLAA, Athletics Canada (AC) and The International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF).
Athlete(s) responsible for the false start will be disqualified.
Crouch start and the use of starting blocks is mandatory for 100m, 200m, and 300m sprints.
This meet offers an individual and team competition for junior high school boys and girls. All NL schools can send teams or individual athletes to the meet but only NLAA Affiliated Schools can participate in the team competition!
- Students must be attending a Junior High School on a full-time basis.
- Students must be born in 1999 / 2000 / 2001
- Students born in 2002 but currently attending Grade 7 are also eligible to take part in the meet. Students born in 1998 or earlier are not eligible for this competition.
Events For Boys & Girls
A participant may compete in up to three events.
- Track: 100m, 200m, 300m, 800m, 1200m, 2000m
- Field: Long Jump, High Jump, Shot Put (Girls 3kg, Boys 4kg)
Entry Fee - up to three events
- Regular: $11.00 before 1:00 pm, Friday, May 30
- Late: $26.00 before 8:00 am, Saturday, May 31 (online only, no on-site registrations will be accepted.)
Discount: NLAA Affiliated School for the 2013/2014 school year are eligible to receive $1 discount per athlete ($10.00 / $25.00).
Team Awards: only schools Affiliated are eligible for the Team Awards.
NLAA is not responsible if an athlete is unable to register online by the late registration deadline for any reason, including server/internet problems!
Awards for the top 8 finishers - Individual awards will be presented immediately following the completion of each event. The top three (3) finishers in each event and division will receive medals. Athletes placing fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, eight will receive ribbons.
Championship Banners for 1st Place Girls and 1st place Boys schools - Team scores will be kept and a Championship Banner will be presented to the top school in each division. The top 2 finishers per school will score. There is no limit to the number of athletes a school can enter in an event, however, an athlete can enter in up to 3 events. Please note that ONLY schools that are affiliated with the NLAA for the 2013/2014 school year are eligible for the team awards.
A meet participant must be:
- a 2014 Track & Field registered member of the Newfoundland and Labrador Athletics Association (NLAA), with a $40.00 Annual Membership; OR
- a member of an NLAA Affiliated School for the 2013/2014 school year; OR
- he/she must purchase a One Day Permit. The One Day Permit Fee is $1.00.
Schools that have affiliated with the NLAA for the 2013/2014 school year are eligible take part in the meet. Students of Affiliated Schools DO NOT pay the NLAA membership or One Day Permit fee.
Schools wishing to affiliate with the NLAA should fill out a School Affiliation form (PDF file format) and mail or bring it to the Provincial Office (before the meet registration deadline) - the affiliation fee is $25. Please click on the on the drop-down box to see if your School is Affiliated with the NLAA: